Professional Development for Educators - old
About Professional Development Workshops
Ensuring equity is essential for improving student achievement and promoting student and staff well-being. unlearn.’s Professional Development Workshops assist educators to develop and implement Culturally Responsive and Relevant Pedagogy (CRRP) by applying an equity lens to important social justice and human rights issues. Inspired by the Socratic philosophy, “I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think,” unlearn Workshops are an interactive and experiential learning opportunity for educators to develop new skills to support student success. The workshop takes participants on an in-depth journey through the concept of “unlearning” by examining our unconscious biases, beliefs, and conditioning. The capacity building workshops help educators to develop socio-cultural consciousness and promote inquiry-based learning.
- Strengthen Culturally Responsive and Relevant Pedagogy (CRRP) by applying an equity lens to important social justice and human rights issues.
- Implement teaching practices that reflect the needs and realities of all students.
- Explore practical strategies that will make equity and inclusion a part of your daily instruction.
- Uncover strategies and tools that capture student thinking across the curriculum. Determine the most effective ways to capture, show and share.
- Identify and eliminate discriminatory practices.
- Empower educators to facilitate equity, diversity and inclusion discussions.
- Encourage inquiry-based learning connected to real-world settings over lessons in isolation.
- Assists educators, staff and communities to better understand the perceptual, institutional and psychological processes that impact the way that people interact with each other.